I Am Me!
“To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh
Feeling worthy requires you to see yourself with fresh eyes of self-awareness, , and love. Acceptance and love must come from within. You don’t have to be different to be worthy. Your worth is in your true nature, a core of love and inner goodness. You are a beautiful light. You are love. We can bury our magnificence, but it’s impossible to destroy.
All answers come from within. Look for signs and pay attention to your gut feelings. You’ll hear two inner voices when you need to make a decision. The quiet voice is your higher self; the loud voice is your ego. Always go with the quieter voice.
Reminding myself how far I’ve come, is a tool that is extremely valuable and should be used each day. Looking back on all the obstacles that you confronted and yet were able to survive and become a stronger and more determined version of yourself.
If you are lucky enough to have someone in your life to share your journey then you have all the necessary ingredients for success.
The key is being patient and to keep working for the things that you want. Just remind yourself that eventually, at some point down the road, you’ll get there. In the meantime, taking time for yourself and focusing on how awesome you are is the key to feeling complete and being successful.
Until you know how to love yourself there will be an inner mental war going on within that creates the experience of dividing your energy and sabotaging your efforts to enjoy life. Ultimately, we already are love. We are Pure Awareness, the field of Love that everything appears in. Just as waves arise within an ocean, the experience of a body, thoughts, feelings, and all within our lives arise as vibrations within us.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. Personal growth should be your only concern.
- Exercise because it is good for your soul and not solely for your outward experience. Appreciate your body and all the things it can do. Stop picking it apart — none of us are perfect.
- Let go of the past. Forgive the people who hurt you so that YOU can move on. Carrying around anger only poisons you.
- Care about your appearance — not in a vain, superficial way. Care about how you look, so you can feel great when you leave the house.
- Smile more. The more you smile, the happier you will feel. It makes others happier.
- Above all else love yourself. Enjoy the life you have been given, and embrace each day with open arms as the best version of you.